Last night we didn't really have a dinner set in stone, but I had just gone grocery shopping so we had a lot of options. I got some gnocchi and we had a lot of veggies so I made a vegetarian dish. It was really quick and easy to make, not to mention DELICIOUS! Here's what I did:
What you need:
I package Gnocchi
1 yellow medium onion, chopped
1/2 carton of cherry tomatoes
1 T minced garlic
A HUGE handful of mushrooms (you can use however many you want, actually)
2 C baby spinach
1/4 C feta cheese
2 T oil
What to do:
1. Cook the gnocchi according to the package directions.
2. Saute the garlic and onions in oil in a frying pan
3. Add the cherry tomatoes and mushrooms. Cook until the cherry tomatoes burst and the mushrooms are not quite so crispy.
4. Once everything is cooked to your liking ad the spinach and cook until the spinach is wilted.
5. Add the feta and heat until it's melted.
6. Pour sauce over gnocchi.
This was definitely enough for the two of us. If you're cooking for more than two you can double it and have leftovers.