Kelley over at Over the Threshold nominated me for a Liebster Award. No idea what this is, other than some sort of blogging something...??
Anyway, in her nominating post she asked 11 questions of all her nominees. Another part is to nominate other bloggers, but I don't really know any bloggers except for the book blogs I follow, so I'll just answer the questions. They're pretty good questions, too. Maybe you guys'll know me better after reading this post!
Here are the questions and my corresponding answers:
1. What is your favorite season of the year and why?
I think it would have to be summer. By then, my allergies are (mostly) gone. It's not cold. I can spend a lot of time outside without freezing and without sneezing my brains out. Plus, I love going to the beach. My favorite place is sitting in a beach chair, feet in the surf, a beer in my hand and reading a good book.
2. How many siblings do you have? Brothers or sisters? Are you the youngest, oldest, or in the middle?
I have one younger brother.
3. Beach or mountains?
Beach, no doubt about it.
4. What is your favorite dessert?
Chocolate merengue pie. My grandmother used to make this every Christmas when I was little. I only had it once a year during the holidays and it was delicious. Now that she's getting older other family members help out with desserts (but chocolate merengue pie is still my favorite)
5. What is the most unusual illness or injury you've ever had? Were you in the hospital?
Can't say I've ever had an unusual illness or injury. I think probably the most "interesting" thing that's happened is that I had my tonsils out at age 12.
6. What is your favorite kitchen appliance?
My in-laws got me a stand mixer as a wedding present. It is pink. And I love it.
7. What is the last song you sang out loud?
Trey and I were driving back from Concord, NC this past weekend and we sang "I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts" in our most loudest, most ridiculous voices (Trey won, of course).
8. If you had to eat at one fast food restaurant for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
Hmm. I don't really eat at fast food places anymore. Does Panera count as fast food? I mean, there's no drive thru or anything, but they're fairly quick.
9. What do you most hope readers will take away from your blog?
The main reason I (we) started this blog was because we had just gotten married and I figured we'd be more interesting. Turns out, we're not. But it's still a good way for friends and family who live away from us to keep up with what we're doing.
10. What is one brand to which you are loyal and why?
I can't really think of anything that I am particularly loyal to. I prefer Kraft cheeses, and will usually get that since they often have coupons and in general they're not much more expensive than store brand. But in general, not loyal at all. We stick mostly to store brands unless there's a big sale and there are coupons.
11. What would you do if you had 6-8 months to do anything you wanted and only what you wanted? (so you don't have to work)
Travel. I would spend 2-3 weeks in each destination (Rome, Naples, Greece, London, Egypt, Beijing, Brazil...) Of course, this would also require an unlimited amount of money as traveling is expensive. If unlimited money is not part of the deal then I would probably spend a lot of time reading, maybe take a class at VCU, go to various wineries and spend time with my husband and family.
And I had to post this picture: